Tuesday 20 December 2011

The best of the tennis prediction games

As you will have gathered, I am a big fan of predicting what is going on in tennis and have entered numerous fantasy tennis games.  I had my biggest achievement this year as I managed to win a signed Andy Murray tennis racquet in one of my fantasy games! I won it playing the Tennis for Free's Dream Team Fantasy Tennis game at TFF Dream Team.  Tennis for Free is a charity, which aims to increase participation within the sport and make it more accessible to everyone.  To be in with a chance of winning prizes, you have to donate at least £5 to the charity.  The game requires you to choose 10 male and female tennis players for each of the Grand Slams and you amass points depending on how many matches they win during the course of the two weeks.  

At the end of the year, all the points are counted up and the top 10 players who have donated to the charity receive prizes.  I was lucky enough to come in 2nd place and win the signed racquet, which I was extremely excited about! I have been searching for fantasy tennis games online and this is the best so I would urge everyone to join.  I will be donating much more next year after winning such a great prize this year :-)


The racquet was one of Andy's that he took to the World Tour Finals at the O2.  I just had my first hit with it today and found it very challenging.  It's much heavier than I expected and has a smaller sweet spot too.  It doesn't help that i'm pretty poor at playing tennis anyway and it is obviously designed for someone much more advanced than me ;-) But it was still very exciting for me!!!!!!!

The best of the rest:
Womens Tennis Forums - There are a host of fantasy games you can join in at Womens Tennis Forum.  My favourite is the "Fill in the draw" competitions where you have to predict the draw for every WTA tournament.  Ranking points are offered for each tournament depending on your success and the top 16 players at the end of the year qualify to predict the draw at the YEC in Istanbul earning extra crucial ranking points   The game is run extremely well by a host of score keepers on the forums and I am excited about entering once again this year.

The same game is also available on the equivalent site at Mens Tennis Forum.  These games do not offer prizes, but I find them thoroughly entertaining and enjoy looking at everyone elses picks too. I was pretty consistent in my WTA predictions last year and finished 9th in the rankings, but have yet to win a title!

ATP Draw Challenge - The ATP run a draw prediction game for the Masters 1000 events on the ATP tour at ATP World Tour Draw Challenge.  The advantage of this game is that there are prizes up for grab for perfect draws (never gonna happen!) and the highest scorer after all the tournaments... there were over 30,000 players last year so you will have to be on the ball and get some luck along the way ;-)

Tennis Pool - This is a new fantasy game that I found whilst hunting for new ones over the last couple of weeks and can be found at Tennis Pool.  I have been looking for a game that runs throughout the whole of the season and this one seems to fit the bill.  It requires you to pick 10 male and female tennis players and you score points for their performances on the tour.  You can also make changes every week depending on who is playing.

No comments:

Post a Comment