Saturday 3 September 2011

US Open Day 5 - Murray and Stosur win epics

I thought I should just acknowledge two fantastic matches last night; Andy Murray came from two sets down to defeat Robin Haase, 6-7 2-6 6-2 6-0 6-4. I watched the final set, which was fantastic entertainment and easily the best tennis I have watched this week. Murray raced into a 4-0 lead but Haase hit a hot vein of form smacking some crunching winners past Murray. Both players were fist pumping away and there was a definite air of tension between the two of them. In the end, Murray just had enough to get across the finishing line. In the other great match which I couldn't watch... Sam Stosur defeated Nadia Petrova in the longest Women's match in US Open history, 7-6 6-7 7-5. The match took three hours and sixteen minutes, and Stosur wasted several match points throughout the encounter but eventually came through. Stosur will now play Maria Kirilenko in the 4th round and my prediction of a Stosur/Lisicki Quarter-final is still on :)))


Murray will play Feliciano Lopez in the next round

No comments:

Post a Comment