Saturday 23 June 2012

Tamira Paszek beats Angelique Kerber in Eastbourne final

Tamira Paszek
I am just preparing my preview blogs for Wimbledon, but had to make a mention of a terrific Eastbourne final where Tamira Paszek saved five championship points to beat Angelique Kerber, 5-7 6-3 7-5.  Paszek also fought through a bad ankle towards the end.  I only watched the last three games, but there was some superb tennis on offer, particularly from Paszek who fought tooth and nail for the title.  Kerber was obviously devastated by the loss, which was her first three set loss this year.  I hope she can recover her head in time for Wimbledon where she should do very well.  I also loved Paszek's speech and she seems a really nice person... Wozniacki is likely to be shaking in her boots at watching this although I wonder whether the last week will have taken it out of her as her semi-final and final together took nearly six hours!

No comments:

Post a Comment