Sunday 7 October 2012

Victoria Azarenka wins China Open

Victoria Azarenka claimed her fifth title of the season and her first since winning Indian Wells with a 6-3 6-1 victory over Maria Sharapova.  It was a pretty uninspiring match with both producing more unforced errors to winners; Sharapova hit 18 winners to 39 unforced errors and I think you would be hard pushed to find worse stats than that for the Russian throughout this year.  


Highlights from the end of the Azarenka/Sharapova Beijing final

My predictions missed the boat on the ladies side this week, but I did correctly predict that Novak Djokovic would beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga in the mens final.  I will be spreading my focus between the ATP and WTA this week and you can view my full predictions for all the events below...

No comments:

Post a Comment